View Single Post
      05-31-2016, 11:45 PM   #36
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
I wish I could forget about that first period The other night.

Sharks looked little nervous and outclassed? But they settled down. Let's hope they roll in game two and Jones remembers he needs to stay in the crease. He's a goalie, not a defenseman. Stay in the crease. Stay in the crease.
I don't think they were outclassed...nervous and sort of Stanley Cup struck yes. Think the Sharks were taking in the moment and doing the "feeling out" thing at the start but the Pens were just ready to go and put a couple in the net. Jones played great--lets be honest, the Pens are most likely going to score 1 if not 2 goals every game...but we need to make sure we get 3 (or 2 if they have 1) every game.

I hardly think the Pens were dominating at all, just taking advantage of any miscue. As I've been saying if we have our best game vs their best game we will prevail. Last night the Sharks were well off a best performance and the Pens were not their best but were a hair better.