View Single Post
      05-28-2019, 10:54 PM   #38
Mayhem
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madscott View Post
I placed my cradle in a plastic bag, but so far that has been unnecessary. I’m currently parking my car outside with a car cover . Probably 10 car washes, at least 30-40 top operations with zero issues, zero water in the pump well. Can’t say enough about TopHydraulics, although I bought BMW spec Hydraulic Sauce, my pump came back full of fluid also! Mayhem, if your seals are in good shape, I would seriously consider looking at the Trunk vents. It looks a little complicated , but if you have mechanical ability, I wouldn’t think it would be that difficult. If not, my BMW dealership quoted me $200 to replace the vents(parts are $10-20 each ) , 1 hour labor charge.
So I got my hydro unit back from Top Hydraulics. The motor looks brand new and like you said, is full of fluid. I will be putting it back in as soon as I get a chance. I bought a set of breather vents as a precaution and I must say they don’t look all that robust. I have a good mechanic and he thinks he might be able to install it from the inside without removing the bumper assembly.
Appreciate 0