04-01-2021, 07:30 AM   #24
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
A good example of that is the Porsche 718.
Agree, would not buy the four here either. Would add the character that remains in the 4 is because the flat 4 is used by only them and Subaru. Almost everyone makes an inline 4 and they sound and feel too alike, fine when you aren't paying a big premium as an enthusiast. Porsche realized that I am not alone and decided to come out with the GTS (NA flat 6) and kept the GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd34 View Post
Yes, I agree that majority of buyers for this car outside the enthusiast crowd won't care about the lack of a V8 and the associated sound/exhaust note.

LOL about the M240 comment. My biggest frustration is when non-car people ask me about the V6 under my hood...
I agree, the AMG buyers that aren't enthusiasts shouldn't have a big problem with it. I thought AMG was trying to cater to the enthusiast. Maybe they can make the badge a lot larger, that will help with some part of the market.

For the M240 comment, at least they know it's a 6 and as expected you as the enthusiast are bothered they know it's a 6 but have the wrong 6. Imagine your new AMG and they ask you about the V8, you point out the turbo I4 hybrid is similar to their turbo I4 hybrid Accord.
TiMSport12808.50