03-19-2014, 02:49 PM   #11
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKZTT View Post
If you can do all that, this is a piece of cake.

There is some trimming of the plastic, I call it side pillars on each side where the intercooler would bolt up to, but it was not much trimming. I taped the intercooler and test fitted before trimming. I'll try to take picture later today.

If you are replacing the entire thing, charge pipe and the intercooler at the same time (thats what I did), I would start with the charge pipe first. The hardest thing for me was getting that damn single use clamp on the charge pipe off, there is a crimp along the steel band that you should be able to snap off, unfortunately the crimp on mine as on the bottom side and it was a bitch to take off. I used steel cutting shears to cut that bitch off. If I had to do it all over again, probaby take a rotor zip tool to cut the damn thing off and not worry about the stupid rubber boot (unless you plan on reusing it if you ever want to go back to stock)

All in all the intercooler install took me about two hours, the charge pipe install maybe 45 minutes. Started at 7am and a little after 10 I was doing some runs hearing the BOV was like music to my ears.
Okay, thanks. Yes, any pics you can share would be great. Sounds like something I could knock out.

Also, I Just noticed you have the aFe sealed intake. How do you like it?
Appreciate 0