View Single Post
      11-13-2022, 07:23 PM   #306
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

"Verstappen on why Hamilton clash was ‘a shame’ – and his ‘reasons’ for not obeying team orders in Sao Paulo"
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...HtwUexnc7.html

"“That’s why I first went to speak to the team before I came here. We put everything on the table why, and I gave my reasons. I’m not going to say why, but I think they understood. I already explained it to them before, so it was not new to me, and not new to them,” said Verstappen.
Verstappen led Perez home after refusing to give a position back to his team mate
“I think it’s more important as a team now that we finally sat together, altogether, and we really put everything on the table, and we move forward. We go to Abu Dhabi, of course we want to win the race, but also if there’s a chance to help Checo I will, but that’s why it was important we had this meeting now.”
Verstappen added that he could understand his team mate’s frustration, but reiterated that he had his reasons and, when pushed if it had anything to do with the Monaco Grand Prix weekend, where Perez signalled an early end to Q3 with a crash, he said: “You can decide that; I’m not going to say it.”"

"Sainz pleased with ‘great fightback’ to podium as Leclerc explains team orders request in Brazil"
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...rwTMhyhNM.html

"Regarding Leclerc’s request, Sainz added: “I heard nothing on the radio, I just got told.”
Meanwhile, Leclerc explained just why he had asked the pit wall to swap himself and Sainz for the final podium place. Ferrari’s reasoning to Leclerc was that the swap was “too risky”.
The Monegasque said: “I don’t normally ask these type of things, but we had these discussions prior to the race, so that’s why I asked about it. For some reason we changed our mind on that – I don’t know yet, the reason.
“Hopefully we will be quick enough in Abu Dhabi to get that second place [in the standings]. I just hope we won’t be lacking the second place by three points or something like that.”"