View Single Post
      11-13-2022, 05:11 PM   #298
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
So there is definately something going on between VER and the RB team behind the screens. Something is bothering Max but he doesn't want to talk about it in public.
Here is the post race interview with Checo (almost embarrassing, I feel for him):
And this is the post race interview with Max basically telling that something has been bothering him
I hope they sort things out, F1 drivers can hold grudges for years, plenty of examples of that, sometimes with teams almost getting destroyed by it...
Then again, Sai also didn't gave up his place for LEC for 'the championship' despite LEC begging for it....but that's not 100% comparable.
Verstappen after crossing the chequered flag: "I told you already last time. You, guys, don't ask that [request to invert track position] again to me, OK ? Are we clear about that ? I gave my reasons and stand by it."

Sounds like 'no track position inversion' is a matter of principle for him that he has internally made clear in the past. No matter whether this could be controversial on a human level.

Compare: Bottas-Hamilton 'invert track position' situations:

Russian GP 2018 "So you need to let Lewis by into Turn 13 this lap."

Austrian GP 2021: "So, Lewis has damage. Do not race it for now. We will review.
OK Valtteri, we will invert the cars into Turn 1, correction Turn 3."

Silverstone GP 2021: "And team order: do not fight with Lewis.
OK Valtteri, we invert the cars into Turn 15 in this lap."

Zandvoort GP 2021: "Valteri, it's James. Please abort the fastest lap attempt before the end of the lap."

NYG10744.00