BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL9M2 View Post
Don't understand the BimmerLife thing.... Plus the more frequent liberal writings in the Roundel and BimmerLife turn me off, especially the lastest Jouret piece in BimmerLife. We're a fricking car club. If I wanted to be lectured about climate change I'd attend a Biden rally.
In all fairness, what Jackie was talking about wasn't "climate-change" per se, but rather BMW's interpretation of it at a new BMW Museum Munich exhibit. My first visit to the BMW factory included a museum trip over four decades ago where the theme of the exhibit at that time was depicted through a herd of sheep wandering throughout the time-arranged vehicles, terminating in an entire flock surrounding a figure of Charlie Chaplin as Hitler. They were being politically and historically aware back then without white-washing (well, maybe) BMW's history during the Nazi regime, the Holocaust, and the war in general. I'm sure it was offensive to many extremes and on several levels. But they weren't ignoring that period, either. I hope we survive to the point in time where we can look back on our history of climate change and how we managed to survive it and how it affected personal transportation.
Appreciate 0