View Single Post
      10-07-2021, 09:44 AM   #9
Sports_Sport
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
The oil change interval is not every 15,000 miles. The computer continually calculates when the oil change is needed. I am at 7000 miles and my oil change is estimated at 8000 miles right now.
OH SO NOT TRUE. BMW did change their oil change interval from 15,000 to 10,000 due to warranty issues. They may have further update the software for the monitoring as well, not sure.
Oil is not important until you have an oil related failure. BMW's REQUIRE Synthetic Oil and BMW has been doing business with Castrol for over 14 years.
Castrol is fine, but, I have used Mobil1 but recently switched to the Amsoil European Formula with an LL-01 standard that meets the BMW Formulation Standard. 5W30 oil change kit LL-01 approved engine oil.
I personally use Signature Series 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil that meets the LL01 standard and enjoy a Dealer Discount.
I can offer anyone interested a discounted price if you sign up to be a preferred member. Membership renews every year.
I use AMSOIL in all my newer vehicles. My old Motorcycles cannot use synthetic oil with modifiers, so I use Castrol 10W-40 or 20w-50 Non Synthetic Oils.

A New Level of Motor Oil Technology

• 75% more engine protection against horsepower loss and wear.1
• 50% more cleaning power vs. AMSOIL OE Motor Oil
• Protects turbochargers 72% better than required by the GM dexos1 Gen 2 specification.
• Trusted by professional engine builders
Guaranteed protection for up to 25,000 miles or 1 year

The Oil does not lose protection due to age (oxidation) like "other" oils. I use 15,000 mile change interval with a oil filter change every 7500 miles.
Appreciate 0