taranfx
Z4 35is
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is || 2016 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZed View Post
scootz,

Firstly a quick question.... Do you have an AUX and USB combined socket in your centre console?
If yes, do you have Bluetooth?

If the answer is NO to both of them then you can just buy a newer upgraded head unit and retro-fit it and the USB / Bluetooth components along with a pair of tweeters all for around £300 to £350. I can give you ALL the information you need to do all of this (it's relatively straight forward if you're handy with a car).

If it's the base stereo (as you describe above) then there is no amplifier as it's done within the head unit, so you have very little other options without spending huge amounts of money. This upgrade I did myself (after a massive amount of searching around the net to gather all the info in one place!!) and was very pleased with the end result, I would go as far as to say a 100% improvement, much better sound both in quality and volume and the tweeters are simple plug-n-play options.

HTH
I've aux and USB and no bluetooth Mfg date 07/2010 with 11 speaker audio. What do you recommend to add bluetooth and audio upgrade?