View Single Post
      07-10-2018, 04:23 AM   #4
DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

scootz,

Firstly a quick question.... Do you have an AUX and USB combined socket in your centre console?
If yes, do you have Bluetooth?

If the answer is NO to both of them then you can just buy a newer upgraded head unit and retro-fit it and the USB / Bluetooth components along with a pair of tweeters all for around £300 to £350. I can give you ALL the information you need to do all of this (it's relatively straight forward if you're handy with a car).

If it's the base stereo (as you describe above) then there is no amplifier as it's done within the head unit, so you have very little other options without spending huge amounts of money. This upgrade I did myself (after a massive amount of searching around the net to gather all the info in one place!!) and was very pleased with the end result, I would go as far as to say a 100% improvement, much better sound both in quality and volume and the tweeters are simple plug-n-play options.

HTH

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 1
scootz2.00