View Single Post
      11-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #25
Meatnog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Sedan

Just because other players have not gotten appropriate punishments does not mean that the 'acceptable' punishment should be the low bar.

Just because other players got off easy does not mean that all future players should get off easy.

Just because the comissioner says something doesn't mean that all fans have to bow and scrape and accept what he says.

Bertuzzi is a thug. He will always be a thug. It is my opinion he should never have been allowed to play. If I ever see him live on the ice I will boo so he and everyone around me knows how I feel.

Perhaps then, the next time a thug does the sort of thing that he did (and others have done), the comissioner will not be so lenient.

I would also like to point out that he was suspended for a period of time, not a # of games. Because the NHL was on strike, he got off SUPER easy as most of his banned time was spent during a period of time when there wasn't even an NHL to play in. To me, this makes his punishment doubly insulting.

Now, that being said, I really don't care THAT much. I don't sit awake at home at night shaking my fist and more than I do over McSorely or any of the other people you've mentioned. But nor does that mean I find the situation 'acceptable'.