07-18-2019, 02:12 AM   #43
taranfx
Z4 35is
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is || 2016 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
I will keep an eye out for the rear links.

Im running stock size Supersports and i am using stock pressures. For me the car does not feel right on lower pressures.At least on a street. For track i can see the benefits in lowering pressures for more grip. I have 19` rims that are notorious for cracking on the the rear inside edge (style 296). Running lower pressures with the camber bmw has in the rear is asking for the cracks to appear. Someone here even suggested running higher pressures at the rear to keep rear inside edge from cracking+ of course getting rid of runflats. Your wheels TARANFX im guessing are forged and stronger and you should not have those issues to worry about Additionally you can go on Michelin website select your car and tire and it gives you the pressures Michelin recommends. And for me they were same as stock pressures. i even got Michelin electronic pressure gauge to check my pressures regularly cause Bmw system measuring the rolling diameter actually sucks and is worthless. It notifies you when your tire is already half empty and even that happens when you drive straight on a smoother road for some time for the system to have time to notice the difference in diameters.

On the matter of KW V3 order: Still waiting. Hoping to have them shipped my way on the 12th and arrive on maybe 18th or so. Longest time i have ever waited for anything car related but well good things dont ever happen fast or easily. Saying that i still think that almost 2 month delivery time is a bit ridiculous.
I've an update on my kw v3. I finally found a balance between comfort and sportiness.
Apparently my mechanic had lowered the rear all the way making the damper run in stiff mode, no matter how soft I used to set it. I raised the rear spring by an inch and that reduced the rear stiffness by a huge margin.

Also using these settings:
Front: bump: 2 rebound: 4
Rear: bump: 3 rebound 4.
Now it's as stiff as Stock suspension sport mode and yet way more dynamic. I love it.