View Single Post
      05-08-2022, 09:17 AM   #121
PittsDriver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 3.5i, X5 M50i

I've read recently that due to the rapid evolution of EV vehicles that the anticipated depreciation is much more rapid on them. I guess one way to test that statement would be to ask those that are leasing what the residual value is at the end of their lease? Lower than would be expected for a similar ICE vehicle?

If the depreciation/resale/trade value falls more quickly on these vehicles, I wonder if that wipes out any tax incentive for buying them?

I'm really not at all a fan of the appearance of Teslas. Around Annapolis they seem to be about every 5th car on the road - everyone seems to have one. Meh, plain looking like it could easily be a cheap economy model from a pedestrian brand - but can cost over $100K!

A friend was recently asking me if I thought Rivian was a good company to invest some money in. My thought is with how rapidly the major players (BMW, Mercedes, other big domestic brands) are rolling out really nice EVs that are being well accepted that Rivian and Lucid have missed the market and Tesla is about to finally have their market tested for real.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50