View Single Post
      04-27-2015, 12:45 PM   #37
Dejablue
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 SDrive 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim3314 View Post
So when I originally saw this car about almost 2 months back, the starting price they were asking was about $47k, and now its at $45. Around SoCal, there aren't that many 2013 and up 35IS, only 11' and 12' IS. Ones with similar packages are asking around $42k ~$43k! But you make a good point as using this to my negotiating advantage. Do you think I can get car to around in the lower $40s? You said you spoke to a sales manager in the parking lot and he was giving you a non-committing price of $39k, did you use anything to pull the price down even more?
It seems that you are in a good negotiating position because they have had the car for months already.
Don't listen to the "It's the convertible season now" crap, when you suggest a further discount.
I would tell them your top price is:_____ and if you have to you'll buy one elsewhere and have it shipped to you.
White and black cars are flooding the market right now, so if you're really stuck on a white Z4, you will find them.
If it were me, I'd ask them "How close can you get to $40k on that car if I'm ready to buy now?".
I told the sales manager" Hey, if you drop the price on that 2012 Z4 by $10 grand…I'll buy it right now."
He said: "If i could do that, I'd buy it!"
Then I said what about $35? as I drove off…he yelled "Pull in…I'll go to $39!"
I waved goodbye…even though it is a pretty good price, the car is awesome…just too much for me.
I spoke with them the next day, and told them to find me a similar 2011, and they just might.
Appreciate 0