01-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Speeeed

Cool BMS JB3 + Dual Cone Intake Installation

Hey guys!

Today I finally received the BMS goodies Straightaway I drove to my fathers house, who has a nice big garage, and did my best to install both the JB3 module and the dual cone intakes.

I started with the JB3 module, together with an existing installation video (for a 335i) and the installation PDF guide (also for the 335i) I set out to work.

I must say, I am no expert here. I have never installed anything like this before on a BMW. At first it looked kind of scary, all those wires in the ECU box, but with everything color coded, it really wasn't that hard. Also, don't need fancy tools to do the installation. These are all the tools I used.

Installing the JB3 module is MUCH EASIER on the BMW Z4 35i than the 335i mentioned in the video/pdf guide above. Basically you can skip half of those guides because you have easy access to the ECU box on the right hand side of the car.

If you have a laptop, I recommend having it close to the car, so you can closely compare information and pictures from the install guides.

---> All Pictures From Installation Process (first pictures are at the bottom of the gallery)

So the big question, what did I think about this upgrade? Unfortunately I haven't been able to try out my Z properly with the new kit installed. It's been poring down with rain all day today, so the traction control light has been working overtime I did do some motorway tests 120 km/h in 4th to 200 km/h, and OMG did it go like a rocket ship! Really a huge difference!

Soon I will post a detailed installation video (will take some time to make), some videos of how the car accelerates, and how it sounds with the new intakes.

Overall I am very pleased with how easy it was to install it all
Appreciate 0