Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
If you want to use your platform as an F1 7 time champ to send a different message go right ahead champ.

Hamilton is making people see and confront the world we live in. I am happy he has shed a light on some of these issues even if its only a passing thought for many people who would likewise never given it a moment.
You are making it simplistic, implying that (for some people, not necessarily you) if you do not support Lewis's political position on racism, you must be racist. There is the folly right there. There are many ways to skin the cat, so to speak. Some will disagree on Lewis's take on racism, some will agree, EVEN THOUGH BOTH ARE AGAINST RACISM.

That is the point right there on why I disagree with mixing politics with sports. What is also apparent is some have the idea that if you disagree with Lewis's position on racism, you must be racist, which is simply idiotic IMO.

So that is why REGARDLESS of political position, whether I agree with it or not, it should NOT be mixed in with sports.

Leave politics to the Politicians in the same way I would not want politicians driving race cars.

Last edited by Autobacs; 05-12-2021 at 10:07 PM..
Appreciate 5