12-13-2022, 06:09 AM   #50
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Sorry for the late reply, been busy. I almost created and posted a YouTube link for this but here's a few pics to show the process of disconnecting the 48v battery to charge your 12v in storage.

The battery charging in idrive is found under driving info, power flow to charge your 48v battery.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you're successful and what the specs are again on your 12v charger.

Edit: mobile uploads jumbled the order of the pictures. ����*♂️ hopefully you get the idea/process. 3,1,2.4.5 for disconnecting the 48v system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaid View Post
So the NOCO 25 got here and I gave it a shot. So first off, it works. After plugging it in, it began charging with no clicking noises! Only noticed one sound closer to full charge which I believe was a switch to charge the 48v. After the sound I noticed the battery level in idrive started going up.

One thing I did notice this time, if you plug the car in before all the interior lights go off, it starts clicking. If you wait ~5 minutes for everything to shut off and then begin charging, no clicking. This is different than what I experience with the mxs5, that one I couldn't get the clicking to stop no matter what
So, just an update from me.
I bought a Noco 25 to see if it works as claimed and how.

To add more to the confusion I an tell you that NOCO 25 DOES NOT WORK on my 2021 M340i MHT.

Noco 25 Connected to the 2021 M340i I have the same behaviour: charger is pushing charge, first LED blinks at 25%. Compared with the Noco 5 or Noco10, Noco 25 has a fan incorporated. The fan starts spinning at max, then the grinding noise in the central angine area and the following click (relay maybe) in the 48V battery area. The charging status does not evolve and continuously gets reseted like in the past.
- The hood was open. Car locked, car unlocked, it doesn’t matter.
- Connected right away, or after 5 minutes after turn off, it doesn’t matter.
- the red hazard light and the left lights switch area are always lit
- in my case it does not switch to Li battery charge and shows nothing in the “energy flow” display like user JSaid mentioned.
- the “energy flow” does show however charging when engine is running and keep it over 1500-2000rpm.

To add more confusion to the problem, I connected Noco 5 and I get the same behaviour with gringing and clicking but no charging. So no change here.
But the Noco 10 got connected, and strange enough, it seems that the charging does occur this time (LEDs are evolving) but with grinding and clicking noises.
This time the battery was charged via trunk before, so almost full, so I wonder if the charging percentage has something to do with under the hood charging.

Noco 25 Connected to the 2021 X4 MHT I have the following:
Car charges but does not move to charge the Li battery. I might also have another problem with this car, as compared with the M340, the X4 even when engine runs, the “energy flow” shows nothing on my screen. My Lithium looks depleted, who knows what other susrprises I might get…

In the end, I am confused to max and start to believe that these cars are a pain to live with. still hope we can find the proper answer.
Appreciate 0