View Single Post
      02-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #160
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRG_135 View Post
If Jackson is so great, why can't anyone else figure out his triangle offense? I believe a lot of those bulls championships were due to bad officiating. MJ got a lot of questionable calls, kinda like dwane wade in 2006 versus the Mavericks. Don't get me wrong, I think MJ was a great player. But the league certainly promoted him and gave him a lot of breaks. And Jackson got all a lot of breaks having great players where he was.

Let's not lose perspective here. Here's a summary from Wiki...

"Former Los Angeles Lakers head coach Phil Jackson won eleven NBA championships, the most in NBA history. He won six titles with the Chicago Bulls and five titles with the Lakers, and is the only coach who has won multiple championships with more than one team."

In sports, winning is the goal unless you are in a trophy-for-showing-up mindset. And winning the championship is the ultimate goal. Jackson did it 11 times! That's one ring for each finger (including thumbs) and one more to adorn any other part of the body he chooses.

With whom he got along and bad ref calls and luck and the alignment of the stars and any other factor doesn't really matter. The dude won 11 championships. Period.
Appreciate 1
kprocivic812.50