View Single Post
      05-14-2020, 02:36 PM   #2
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Z4 35i is my first bmw aswell... owned 2 k20 Type R-s before it... 04 and 07.

First index 11 is not the newest injector revision , dont buy these... Index 12 is the newest and best one...

(My car fortunately came with index 12 installed by previous owner. Was really happy when i checked my injectors and saw all 6 being the newest revision.)

Second 5000 dollars is way too much for the work IMO... even if you are talking canadian currency not USD.

See here:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-13538616079kt

1447 USD for 6 genuine Bmw Index 12 injectors...
Installing them you need to tell the car 3 digit numbers that are on each injector... Thats basically what the coding is... cilinder 1 3 digit numbers cilinder 2 3 digit numbers... and so on..

There are guides on youtube how to change and code injectors... you need laptop, a 10 dollar obd cable to usb and some software you can download freely from the internet.

Guide video to injectors and coding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8smFtNPllpc

If you know how to code your car for digital speedo, battery change or auto folding mirrors then probably you can do that aswell. Or let some indy shop do it.

Of course if you have insurance or warranty then you may have to go to dealer.

Before replacing injectors i would get second opinion... Or get code reader and read what car is telling you... then google the codes... Maybe its ignition coils... they are way cheaper... i got 6 delphi coils for 124 eur recently...
And if they get old its similar symptoms... changed mine at 66k miles... no cel but was running a bit ruff... and revs did bog in the morning a few times aswell...

Last edited by KennyP; 05-14-2020 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 1
eli37133.00