roadracer516
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i, Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZed View Post
Morning all,

So I've been talking to the guys in China (same ones that brought out the Android Touchscreen a few years ago) and they've just released a digital cluster for the E89.
It's based on a Linux OS, so reliable and so far seems to work flawlessly. I've had mine in since Monday and I run my E89 everyday.

I've added some photos here, the ones of it installed are of mine (yes I know it's filthy, so's the whole car!).
So a few things to note;
1) The P, normally associated with an Auto is removable for a manual (I hadn't in the photo but I have now).
2) In the photo it shows the Oil Level indication, I initially put this on but have since removed it as it only changes if you are static with the engine running, so no real point having it displayed.
3) Mileage can be corrected, in case of discrepancies when installing the cluster.
4) Can be run in Imperial (Miles and gallons) or Metric (Kilometers and Liters)
5) The Normal/Sport/Sport+ button changes the display from Orange (Normal) to Red (Sport & Sport+) as well as the words at the bottom of the screen.
6) Display colours can be changed, to a point as there are a few options.
7) Also there are 5 themes, two of which I've shown here.
8) Cruise Control is shown on the screen while active. If you've got a retrofitted OE Cruise Control then this will work for you as well.

I will be producing an "Install and Set-up" video as well as a "My Thoughts" video. Then after a couple of months I'll produce an update video on how I'm getting on with it.
Very interesting and cool, thank you for sharing and look forward to future longer term updates!
Current: G01 X3 M40i (Carbon Black / Black Vernasca, Blue stitch Leather), E89 Z4 35i (Alpine White / Kansas beige leather), Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 (Black / Black leather), 2004 Honda Goldwing - Previously owned BMW's: E36 M3, E46 330i, E46 M3, F25 X3 3.5i M Sport, G12 750ix M Sport, F32 435i xdrive M Sport.
Appreciate 0