Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I can show you with real data from keeping fuel consumption records on my E90 for hundreds of thousands of miles, wintertime MPG is not statistically discernible from non-winter months.

Winter range is why I did not switch to EV when I was commuting 165 miles a day to my office. With no place to charge at the office building during the day to recover range, no EV back 10 years ago had enough winter range to make the round trip. Most today still don't have enough winter range. If they do, there are numerous ICE for $20K less that make for better commuters.

When your commute is already 1 hour 45 minutes one way, sitting at some Super charger or DC Fast Charger on the trip home for an extra 30 to 45 minutes to regain enough range is a non starter; you just want to get the eff home. Adding 5 minutes twice a week to your commuting time to refuel ICE is completely acceptable. On top of that, you have zero reserve to run errands during the day, meet at a client's site, or even just go to lunch with your work wife.
It's okay, 2035 is coming regardless of your problems apparently...

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13515.00