Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
And even better if we mandate it with a deadline, right? Because government mandated progress has such a long track record of great results.

Let's break it, then we can re-think our plan.

I'm more of a mind to say "Woah, let's talk about this. I see some problems with the plan", and nobody seems to want to listen. < Fuck that guy, he's an EV hater...
To your point, sure, maybe we can bump back the timing for regulations that mandate EVs so the infrastructure catches up. But all these car makers are already banking on the dates that have been established. I’ve posted something similar in another thread, but these companies do not have the capital to make quality ICE and EV lines in large volumes. Product lines are being cancelled, tooling purchased, buildings built, and facilities retooled. Investments so large that if these vehicles don’t sell in the volumes they need to, companies will fold. Sure, it’s not the end of the world, but I hope people remember what it looks like when car companies go bankrupt (and it won’t just be GM and FCA/Stellantis this time) - tax payers get to bail them out.
Appreciate 1
chad86tsi1605.00