View Single Post
      12-18-2022, 08:04 PM   #1004
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
That is a strawman argument right there.

Society's needs, plus capital, will create, find, train and otherwise procure the means necessary to do what needs done.

Innovation is possible here also. Improvements in safety and working conditions may be needed to employ a larger cadre of people operating nuclear reactors and servicing high voltage transmission towers. No challenge is insurmountable with time and capital.

straman? It's a published fact.

https://insights.ieci.org/shortage-o...21-and-beyond/

There has been a shortage of qualified electrical workers my entire 30 year career. It's getting worse, and at a faster rate. It's a quantifiable fact.

If you know the solution, be my guest. It's a national problem, and well known. If you know how to solve it and can produce results, you could be an instant multi-millionaire.

Linemen and substation wiremen wages start at over $100K a year, and we can't find any. We are offering a $15K hiring bonus, and still can't find enough. And this is before we add to the demand for their services.

the top 2 causes for delays in getting capital improvements completed, and repairing/ruggedizing the grid are :
  1. Not enough Wiremen/linemen, and related support electrical craftsmen
  2. Not enough Electrical Engineers

Work already isn't getting done. Work that has already been funded, the need identified, and the regulatory approvals ironed out.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50