11-29-2022, 11:52 AM   #911
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
There are approximately 75 Million new cars manufactured every year currently, about 3% are EV's, that's 2,250,000 a year. The resources to supply the batteries for 75 Million EV's a year is staggering. The ecological damage from the mining with be significant, not to mention the child labour being used in many developing nations. The ramp up will drive costs significantly. Then there is the requirement to double the electrical output to supply electric home and commercial heating, plus power all of these EV's. Then the infrastructure to support the delivery of the hydro to homes, businesses and non-residential charging stations. The government red tape, environmental assessments, time to build and cost. This power won't come from wind and solar despite what the green energy enthusiasts tell you. This is going to come from nuclear, which if construction started today it would take at least 5 years to construct. If government actually wanted to do this and they started now it would take 5 years before they could break ground. Electricity prices are going to skyrocket.

There are facts to support my position that are very easy to find, and then there is the common sense of the argument. If you have health with government for anything you know the red tape and largess is staggering for even simple construction projects.

I don't know if EVs will be the primary means of transportation at some point but I'm pretty confident in saying it won't be in 2030.
I thought we were arguing with feelings and opinions
And here you come with your damn facts and evidence
Appreciate 2
chad86tsi1605.00