View Single Post
      04-02-2016, 07:02 AM   #81
sjeupie
Private
Rep
Drives: Tiefseeblau E89 Sdrive 23i wit

Ok, so last week at Easter I went to see my Z4. As my cheap set of booster cables have left me Diesel Land Rover stranded once as they were not powerfull enough to get it up and running again, I bought a professional set of jumper cables to eliminate that possible problem. FYI I went with 4.5m long, 35mm 700A cables with pure Brass clamps.

Hooked my Z4 up to a 150hp petrol Toyota engine and this what happened:
- instantly enough juice to simply open up the trunk and connect the battery again, despite having disconnected the +.
- Sat in the car, lowered the side window myself, closed the door, raised the window again myself and after that the window lowered and raised itself again automatically when opening and closing the door.
- Clock is reset

As my insurance is temporary still on hold for winter, I am not allowed to drive the car till next week. I have therefore not yet tried to start the car to save the remaining juice in the battery and because it makes no sense to start a car and leave it running for 10 minutes only. So I'll report back on the starting of the engine in a week or so.

You guys have no idea how good I felt when the trunk simply opened up...pffff! Just in case, I've unhooked the center console tray (ski-hatch thingy). It are two simple plastic attachments on the top of the hatch inside the trunk. So in case you'd want to break into the trunk through the cabin, you'll have to hit the top of the panel.
Appreciate 1