01-19-2016, 01:58 PM   #71
Zyal8r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 E89

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmos View Post
Ok, so this discussion had me running over to my storage garage to see if I could shed any light on the topic. Prior to storage my BMW shop foreman advised me to disconnect the battery and leave the trunk open. So I did that, backing into my space deep enough to discourage anyone from going back there, but still leaving me enough room to squeeze in and reconnect the battery in the spring.

Tonight I brought over my 535 and some jumper cables to see if the car would start using the under hood terminal with a disconnected battery. It would not. However, it did fire up the interior lights, and radio etc... My car has a button to pop the trunk, and when pushed I could hear the actuator responding. I did not go so far as to close the trunk and release it again as I still had a bit of trepidation from other posts on this topic, but it seems clear to me that the trunk would pop.

So, unless your car does not have the trunk release button, then you are safe.
This is important news for anyone that stores their Z4 and most of us do. I will send a prvt message to the OP. It should be archived or sticky??
Appreciate 0