View Single Post
      10-12-2015, 03:32 PM   #131
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingobimmer View Post
I think your right. There doesn't seem to be any complete teams anywhere. I think Ole Miss and Alabama have great front 7s, but their quarterback play is lacking.
..and I think there is not one team that has a dominant defense that can consistently keep teams under ~ 24 points a game. I'm sure there are few that's statistically at that point now, but I doubt they played any serious opponents or if you look closely at their data, there's 1 game where it was a shootout, (for instance Bama kept every opponent under 17 for the games they won, but gave up over 40 against Ole Miss this year, and 40 against Ohio State last year, both losses).

This is the age of spread offenses and basketball on grass. You basically need a offense that can keep up to win games and a defense that has some playmakers to get TOs and step up on key plays in the 4th quarter. e.g. the entire Big 12 might as well play 7-on-7 touch football, b/c they don't know how to play defense. Every game is like a basketball score.

Makes for exciting football games, but sad days to be a defensive coordinator and fans of good defense.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 10-12-2015 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0