Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
Aside from strengthening, your PT should also have some balance and proprioceptive training incorporated into your exercise program. Proprioceptive receptors are almost always compromised as well when an ankle sprain is incurred. Without the ability to feel where your foot and ankle are in relation to your body your muscles won't be able to react and prevent another ankle sprain (most likely plantarflexion-inversion/toes down and in). Also, when working said therabands, do not go to your end range initially. At least that's what I do with my patients. Work mid range and in a pain free range. Allow your muscled and proprioceptors to know where your midrange is, it's already been taken to end range and most likely beyond that.

If PT doesn't seem to improve your mobility and stability after 4-6 weeks I would suggest the MRI and for sure an orthopedic consult, one that specializes with ankle injuries, I'm not a fan of podiatrists, never recc them and I'm not going to start now.
Any online resources for specific guidance when it comes to these theraband exercises? My doctor also told me that a MRI might become necessary if it does not seem to get any better after anti-inflammatory's, bracing, and rest.....
Appreciate 0