08-27-2010, 05:13 PM   #90
davidmbell
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91 318d Exclusive

Garage List
I've an update on my car.

Scothall BMW Leeds have since been really good in trying to sort my car. It's a shame I had to complain to get them to look into it again, but now that they are I can't fault their customer service and their efforts in trying to get the issue resolved.

They sent the Workshop Controller to listen to the noise, he did so, and collected my car from my home, provided me a courtesy car, apologised etc etc.

So they took the car in last week and updated the software but they weren't happy that it was significantly quieter. So it was decided to change the fuel pump. This seemingly sorted it and I collected the car on Friday of last week.

Sadly a day later the noise came back. Not quite as bad as before but definately not normal. I could feel the tank resonating when I touched it from the underside of the car. Oddly though the noise stopped if the car was on a steep incline to the left (but it did it on a flat or incline to the right or nose up and down).

So the senior workshop technician/controller came out to my house again to listen to the noise and agreed he could hear it again.

So the car has gone back in again today. This time for 2 weeks while I'm on holiday. Sadly (or is it?) the noise stopped this afternoon, and when I dropped the car off another technician came to listen and also could not hear it : ( I felt like a bit of a fraud to be honest, and so I'm relying on what the senior technician witnessed noise wise last week, but he's on leave for another week. He did say they may replace the whole tank though. I've directed the service dept to this thread to read other peoples issues similar to mine.

BTW oddly the noise stopped with a near empty tank!!!! They said they might put some more fuel in and see what happens (it was their idea for me to run it low so that could easily drain it).

Let's see what happens while I'm away and fingers crossed Scothall can sort it.

David
Automatic
Business Nav

Last edited by davidmbell; 08-27-2010 at 05:44 PM..
Appreciate 0