10-24-2021, 10:42 AM   #31
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Two decades ago, I took a long holiday weekend trip from NY State to London. In preparation and to avoid jet lag, I slowly shifted my awake hours over a month until I was on London time. It meant coming home from work and going straight to bed at the end, but it worked out well in the end.

Ironically, my old age sleep schedule these days has my days running closer to UTC than EDT.....
Pre-pandemic, we'd travel to the UK every other year for a conference Wifey attends. Then we'd stay an extra week or so to tour around. There's one flight from O'Hare to Heathrow that leaves O'Hare around 8AM and gets into Heathrow around 10:45PM. By the time we get through customs and get to the O'Hare Hilton, it's near midnight there. But the bar and restaurant at that hotel is open late, so we go there and grab dinner since it's the right time for that by our internal clocks. Then we surf the web and such for an hour or so and finally hit the sack around 1:30-2:00AM London time, which is still early for us. We get up mid-morning and go grab breakfast at this huge buffet they have, then we either go pick up our rental car or we hire a car to take us into London proper. No jet lag.

Went to bed around midnight last night. It started pouring here in the wee hours, so I threw in some ear plugs because the rain was loud on the roof. I slept like a log until Wifey came in and rousted me out of bed at 10AM. I hardly ever sleep that late. Something about having total silence with the earplugs in lets me sleep longer. No noise from birds or traffic or whatever to wake me up. Gonna be tough getting to sleep tonight, though.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615283.00