09-18-2016, 09:40 AM   #105
ljkiter
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4 35i manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyal8r View Post
Well said from someone who should know.

I have owned sports cars cars for quite while. Some of the best ones were not praised by the reviewers. It takes more than an hour or two to appreciate all the benefits of the E89. I tried to like the E85 and the Boxster but they did not work as well for me.
In some cases I personally think that BMW put the wrong tires and wheels on some of the E89s. Also the DCS and the adaptive suspension can sometimes be too smart for their own good. When in doubt, use sport or sport +. The E89 has a learning curve if you want to drive hard, while some others make you look good right away.
Enjoy
sport+ always unless the wifes in the car. its a tiny car compared to almost any car and a little bigger than the e85. I honestly don't think judging a car based on stock performance is smart. New tires and a chip makes this car a beast. Throw some rims and a drop and its something to keep forever. The one im in has 50k and if the new z5 isn't anything as amazing in terms of looks, then i'm getting a low mileage one to keep for life. I wish I also still had my e85 because of the tossability of it. That car was a true track car in terms of size and handling.

Last edited by ljkiter; 09-18-2016 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 0