View Single Post
      08-25-2016, 04:07 PM   #7
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

For almost 10 years now I've been doing early morning workouts. Still painful to wake up every morning to get a workout in but at this point if I don't get a morning workout in my energy level suffers for the rest of the day. I sleep great at night (unless one of my kids ruins it for me). I have better focus during the day. As far as my actual routine I constantly mix it up. I make sure I have 2 days a week that are focused on really getting my heart rate up for at least 40 minutes. Other days I typically am lifting. I workout for overall fitness vs power so at 5 foot 10 I weigh 150lbs and am in some of the best shape of my life.

I'm not a coffee guy so I actually do use pre-workout. Because I typically am trying to get to my workout within 35 minutes of waking up I find that the PWO gives me the kick in the ass I need to go and the focus I need to get through it. I've tried them all over the years and after years of cycling probably toxic chemicals through my body I've settled on one that I use. Pre-Jym. PreJym is heavier on the caffeine than most so its going to feel similar to your coffee. Also doesn't have any "proprietary blends" which always scared me. I hate not knowing what i'm putting in my body. Ive been using pre jym for over a year and still get the same effect using slightly less than what they would recommend as a full dose. With some of the others I had nasty crashes a couple of hours after taking that made me feel like i was in a nap or die situation. Some gave me crazy tingles that made it clear something was in me that I didn't want. Some tore up my stomach and I would have to drive fast to the gym to make sure my car didn't turn in to an outhouse. PreJym has given me none of these scenarios. Best I can describe it would be that it (for me) is good clean energy.

No surprise its also a very expensive solution and you can only buy it through ******* which sucks. Everybody's body can react differently to PWOs so I would say that you should try it but listen close to your body and be careful. Lots of horror stories out there and lots of people who down double or triple doses to go full beast mode in the gym. You can get yourself CRAZY good sessions by dosing up but my personal belief is that you are risking your long term health by doing so.... like most other things, just don't be stupid.
Appreciate 1