View Single Post
      11-20-2018, 11:17 PM   #1
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

Said goodbye to my 328i yesterday - Got a killer deal on a Lexus IS300

I know a lot of BMW owners are gonna criticize the predator grille. That's fine. I like it on this model with this color paint.

After a good 5 hours of haggling and driving home once in the middle of it, I am now the owner of a new 2019 Lexus IS 300!

So far I've noticed the Lexus IS a lot smoother than my car was with OEM suspension and of course much smoother than my car with coilovers. Yet, it has very little body roll. Feels like a very tight car.

Interior absolutely destroys BMW in every aspect except lack of HUD. That's fine, the gauges on the F-Sport Lexus make up for it.

Engine isn't as excited to get up and go as the BMW. Tests show the IS turbo is a second slower to 60 MPH than the fastest car in the entry luxury class at 6.5 seconds. You can feel lag that isn't present in the 328i. It's fine for city but I'll notice it trying to pass on the highway. It's totally livable, though. Still a quick car.

Infotainment is very meh on both cars... Tesla ruined all other infotainment centers for me.

So far I am thoroughly enjoying this Lexus and it will cost more to own than my (used) 2012 BMW cost me due to maintenance and repairs. They say you get a good BMW or you get a terrible one. I certainly didn't get a good one.
Attached Images

King Rudi13154.00
Ickdeep5720.50
termigni1081.00
gxe2se37.50
Kyngofpop676.00