View Single Post
      05-28-2020, 12:09 AM   #42
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm with @Rmtt. It doesn't happen to everyone, it doesn't happen a lot. My friends with Corvettes all love them. I have friends with C5, C6, and C7s, and when they're running, they're hard to beat.

I used to feel the same way, actually. A few friends bought Cayman GT4s and I tell them my C7 Grand Sport will run circles around them AND for 2/3rd the price. You read the forums and frankly their "horror" stories aren't any worse than BMW horror stories.

Until it happens to you, of course. And this isn't like the first time sh*t has happened to me. I had 2 Hyundais, not the old sh*t box Hyundais but more recent, well built examples that "need" the so call America's best warranty. And frankly, in my opinion, the BEST warranty is the ones you never have to use, but let me tell you that both times Hyundai's warranty service left me VERY disappointed.

So yeah. I used to be a staunch defender. They've come a long way, yada yada yada. But when a transmission cooler hose blew up and dumped transmission oil everywhere on the driveway at 59,9xx miles and 1 week out of the 5 year warranty period, and they stick you with a $1,200 repair bill to replace a $0.50 rubber hose? Yeah. I'll never buy another Hyundai ever again.

And when I dropped off the Corvette on March 2nd, I fully expected it to be a smooth process. Dealership is going to say, "sh*t bro. I've got this. GM is going to be sending you a new crate engine. You'll have your car back in a week." THAT, was my expectation on a 1.5 year old car with 5,000 miles.

Not 3 months of "hey dude, where's my car" and insinuation that *I* somehow caused the catastrophic engine failure by insisting a full DME dump before they'll even THINK about authorizing anything, and even when the DME proved that I was operating the car well within the range of its capabilities, did they offer to drop in a new crate engine? No. It's piece meal fix and throw parts at it until it runs again bull sh*t.

So yeah. I'm well past done. I've been burned by GM to a crisp. Don't ever expect me to defend GM or Corvette.

But to be honest? All my friends who still own Corvettes? They probably "feel" my pain but won't be giving up their Corvette anytime soon. Unless one of them blows up an engine like I did.
I’ve been watching this thread for a while and all I have to say is I hope you lemon this car away after you get it back and drive the hell out of it one last time. I wouldn’t be able to ever trust that drivetrain again unless it was removed and replaced like it should have been months ago.