View Single Post
      05-19-2020, 11:01 PM   #32
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I have only had negative experiences at chevy dealers. One of the few new cars I've purchased was a 2016 Camaro SS when they first came out. I took it to the local chevy dealer for the first free oil change or something and the curbed one of my brand new wheels and took a chunk of tire off. The manager tried to claim it was like that but they eventually conceded and got me a new wheel and tire.

My 2014 C7 I had some random overheating issue on the highway. After hauling ass for a while, I come up on some traffic and it starts to overheat fast. AC turns itself off, warning messages etc. I pull over, shit is blowing coolant out the overflow, I can't see any obvious leaks or anything. I'm freaked out so have it towed to nearest dealer. Its the weekend so they can't do shit till Monday.

They call me tell me its some bs which I can't remember, but it sounded like bs and they wanted like $1000 to replace it. I research online and see many posts about issues with the fan. So I tell them to fuck off, they still charge me like $100 for the "diagnostic".

Take it home, no issues on the drive home. I buy fan off Z06 which supposedly solves the issue with stock fan. As I'm replacing the fan I notice the fan power connector is burnt and black inside. Decided to clean that shit real good and put stock fan back on. Haven't had the issue since. Not sure wtf kind of diagnostic they did or how they determined it was the $1000 part but apparently they were trained by Miss Cleo.

On the other hand the Cadillac dealer we use to take our XTS to was FANTASTIC! One of the best dealer experiences I've had. Way better than the local BMW dealer. Ford has been fine. Not super fancy or anything, but never had any issues at any Ford dealer. Usually in and out with no fuss.
Appreciate 0