View Single Post
      11-26-2022, 09:45 AM   #832
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
As I sit here in my house where there is a significant power outage that's affecting 3730 customers. Chalk this up to the other smaller outages that have happened this past year. The outage started just before 9:30 EST and the estimated time for power to be restored is 12:30 EST. I'm gloating here because I have power. I installed a whole house generator a few years ago that's powered by....what for it.....natural gas.

This outage isn't weather related at all. And I'm in a major metro/suburban area outside of DC. And we expect the grid to be able to handle the additional loading from EVs.
This is a very polarizing issue as it seems everything has become political. There are the folks who are fully committed to their side of the equation. And then there are the folks who are in the middle, on this issue that is the camp I fall into. We have spend generations developing and living with an O&G based transportation network. The notion that we can switch over to a fully electric system for all systems in the space of about a decade is a bit far fetched.

Will it happen, probably, possibly or maybe. Will it happen in the timeframe being suggested and thrust upon us, well, I am doubtful.
Appreciate 2
zx10guy5158.00
Cos270608.50