01-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #50
az34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 z4sdrive35i 2008 x5 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
I have noticed that the 2012 Corvette seats are better. The car mags have been beating them up for years over the interior, mainly the seats. It's about time. It's more than just the build quality and materials used. I like the 4 years of full maintenance at no charge. (I know it's in there someplace) When I got my new 2009 Corvette, I got a letter from the Chevrolet dealer after I had the car less than 2 months. It was telling me that it was time for my 1,000 mile check. I only had 600 miles on the car, but I called the service manager and asked about this 1,000 mile check. I thought GM paid for that. Well, guess again. I was told the cost was $190.00 and it was my expense. I asked just what the check included. It was an oil and filter change and the checking of all fluid levels, belts, hoses, etc. Sounded like a new car get ready for delivery check except for the oil change. I declined the service even though he said there might be some metal filings in the engine. Really. Based on my Z3 and the BMW service I experienced in the past, I think I will be well pleased with my new Z4. Have a good evening.
of course maintenance free is attractive but it is more of a marketing tool and it does not include a lot. One oil change per year and brake system oil change per two years for the main part of it, and i think its already include in the premium price we pay for owning a BMW. As my old mother always said "theres nothing free in life". But anyway thats better than nothing,my dd is an Audi and once a year i have to pay around $200 for an oil change.they'd even bill me $1.50 for a burnt dome light and the car is still on full warranty. in the meantime have a niceday!
Appreciate 0