View Single Post
      06-24-2015, 12:40 AM   #14
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Why would anyone say to let him in the HOF??! He denied he bet on baseball after the Dowd report in '89. Then in 2004, he "kinda" admits he did, but only as a manager. He vehemently denied betting as a player for 26 years. Now, the evidence finally shows that he bet on his own team while playing. He's a piece of shit and did something that can never be condoned. How does anyone know that he tried to do things to alter the games he played in? If I were a former teammate, I would be pissed.

Also, you can't compare what he did as the same as PED's era. It is a form of cheating, but it is the cardinal sin in any sport to bet on your own team. Totally disgraceful. And btw, there will be NO players like McGuire, Bonds, Clemens, A-Rod, etc. that will ever get into the HOF. Doesn't matter how many records they broke, they will never get rewarded. I pray that Rose just goes away now and stops trying to get his lifetime ban rescinded. He has no case.
+1

The rules are very clear. 21 D states: "
(d) BETTING ON BALL GAMES. Any player, umpire, or club official or
employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in
connection with which the bettor has no duty to perform shall be declared
ineligible for one year.

Any player, umpire, or club or league official or employee, who shall
bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which
the bettor has a duty to perform shall be declared permanently ineligible."

He broke the rule many times as a player and manager. He lied about it many times. It's too bad. He was an amazing player.
Appreciate 1