View Single Post
      03-31-2020, 11:05 AM   #23
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

The fact the Medical Care Professionals are in need of them, does not replace the need by some in the general public.

There are those who are "sensitive" or at a "high" risk for adverse response if exposed to the virus. Hospital are getting their masks, and the reports of hospitals hording as well doesn't help, just as they are hording the Vents and now they've gobbled up all the Anti-Malaria drugs too. So yes, they need them, but so do others. The same Anti-Malaria drugs has other purposes helping those with "Lupus" for example. Anyways...

And the earlier published reports about them (masks) not helping are actually a bit of disinformation designed to keep the hording at Bay. Is counterintuitive that the one way it (Covid-19) is spread is through droplets expelled while breathing, And the CDC has announced it surviving for long durations in the air and on surfaces, but hey, you don't need those masks. Guess all those in the medical field who've gotten infected weren't wearing masks?

I'm one of those who need them (immuno compromised), and had to go to the Post office to mail something I had no choice but to mail. Was a bit of a weary experience...

I have 2 masks left from a box I bought years ago to use when working on the house, sanding, etc., who would've thought this...

So I wore gloves, sprayed the gloves when done, before even taking them off, washed hands when home, etc., etc. Wore the mask, and kept it when done. Is what it is... Otherwise I'm just hunkered down like everyone else, waiting for the storm to pass.

I read about people discarding them in parking lots of shopping centers or stores... So incredibly wasteful and inconsiderate, hard to understand.

Be Safe if you have to go out there!

Edit to add:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
I agree with this 100%. But how about wearing one in the supermarket if you have a compromised immune system?
If you're compromised, you should look into delivery services or even pick up... Rather than milling about exposing yourself to others unnecessarily. If there is no choice and you are immuno compromised, I would wear gloves and a mask if interacting with the general public. You can save the mask, just exercise care on removal and storage, use Google. Nitrile or latex gloves should be discarded properly. And washing hands is so important, do not skip this step.

Regards

Last edited by cooolone2; 03-31-2020 at 11:10 AM..
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7833.00