09-18-2019, 05:59 AM   #2169
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
at times i feel guilt and upset about going no contact with my immediate family.
there never seem to be happy moments, it was argument after another, criticism, judgmental. all negative and it was taking a toll on my health and marriage with a baby.
So I did what they didnt think i had the courage to do, walk away 18 months ago and counting.
Same situation here man. My mom lost all my respect with stuff she has done in the past. So I don't talk to here. I did talk to my dad regularly, but it got to a point where he would never call me, I would always have to initiate the conversation and he would talk to me like I was someone else because she would be in the room and listening.

Before that, I was only called if there were problems or if someone needed help for something. I kept my 2nd wife pretty much completely away from them as my mom is so bad, I knew it would be WW3 because my wife is not the type of person to take any kind of snide remarks...she would give it back.

So I am pretty much in the same boat. I gave everything I had, now I am the one who looks like the "black sheep" of the family because I won't kiss someone's ass.
King Rudi13154.00