Thread: Real Estate
View Single Post
      08-11-2019, 07:39 PM   #5
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

right now, i'm focusing on paying everything off except for the houses. i'm carefully watching interest rate trends, and have a great relationship with a lender i keep close contact with. i'm hoping to refi my primary residence to a 15 year loan if it gets down to 3% or better.
at the moment- i've been listening to a lot of dave ramsey for perspective. if you're not sure what order to do things when it comes to saving, paying things off, investing, or buying, dave ramsey is great.

i'm 32 now, and my focus has switched from aggressive acquisition to conservative in the way i'm handling my real estate. i only have two rentals and my primary residence, but i'm focused on getting everything paid off by the time i'm about 45, then the transition will be to dump most of the income into mutual funds from 45-50 to bridge into retirement at 50. at 50, i'll probably still work, just at something i truly enjoy.
right now, i do a solid amount into retirement, plus two maxed out backdoor roths each year for my wife and i.

Last edited by roastbeef; 08-11-2019 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 2