View Single Post
      02-19-2018, 01:27 AM   #10
dcg78
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 11' Sdrive35i 6-speed

So the car in questions sold underneath me. Extremely lazy and slow salesman cost me the car. I made my offer and was told "I will get back to you tonight after talking with my sales manager. No call that night, no call the next day, so I called her on the day 3 after my offer and she said it sold an hour ago. WTF! I was actually ready to buy at asking price but of course wanted to throw in an offer to see where they were at on the car. I had a strong feeling the sales person was incompetent and am kicking myself for not researching the sales staff there and finding someone on the ball! Learning lesson....

I am guessing it just was not meant to be as I am a firm believer of "things happen for a reason." Just like the house my wife and I lost out on recently, we felt horrible for months for underbidding but then one much, much better came along (included a 4000 sq ft detached shop with lift) which we paid asking price right away to avoid losing it!

Fmorelli, yes I am specifically looking for a gray or navy blue manual in my price range that is on the west coast. It might be months before I find another or maybe days, who knows! I guess its all part of the hunt!

My plans for the car are to mod it with larger turbos, fuel, suspension, etc. My first car was a 97' Z3 1.9L which I was the first to do a SR20DET swap (600whp from a 2.0L). Was a very fun car. I miss having a roadster and the N54 is an amazing platform!

Last edited by dcg78; 02-19-2018 at 01:44 AM..
Appreciate 0