View Single Post
      09-19-2021, 05:38 PM   #73
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

again it depends on the state, region, country.

But regardless of wif/hub/mis/other if you DONT leave a will usually the government takes it all, if that is what you really want for your family, then have at it.

Even if you don't leave a will, some people ASSUME that they will get stuff, of course, people come out of the woodwork and contest things and dying intestate is total balls for your loved ones.

Even if you fall out, you can change it.

I have a will, and after every argument, I go change it LOL, my main things I want done, as far as my possessions, savings, and also a portion for my funeral. I DO NOT want my family OH guessing what I want.

I might wanna leave everything to me ex, not my daughter, or leave all the money for a charity, but car for the DD, sometimes, money is NOT a blessing.

But seriously make a will, you can always change it later

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
This is exactly what I meant: there must be some mutual understanding of whether the long term informal relationship is actually spousal or not, with some sensible approach to break(/death). Making/letting one's dreams come true in the individual's imagination only (thus unrelated to reality) is bullshit.
Appreciate 0