12-04-2019, 09:06 AM   #17
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Thank you, it was my pleasure to serve.
Fly? Not sure if thats a euphemism for sailing or literally flying so I’ll address both.
Several years back I was thinking of buying a used Piper Cherokee and did take some flying lessons but decided not to continue at the time. Maybe I’ll see it through down the road. I have sailed before but prefer motorboats myself. I fish and dive so powerboats are my float of choice. I still like to get out and sail on occasion.

Great pics of your sail. Getting out on the ocean is such an enjoyable day and removes stress from the soul. Hearing you talk about it, I bet you feel the same. Fair winds and following seas.
Ha, no euphemism. I was thinking that maybe your screen name referred to a tail number. I too started down the pilot path, but did not finish. I was 20, got through my x-country solo, and ran out of dough. I think I was up to about 34 hours. Maybe someday, but have to figure out how to justify it.

I fished every time I went out, and my longest days were those that I would leave 3am-ish, and head far offshore looking for pelagics. Friggin hilarious to pull up on a paddie 25 miles offshore in a sailboat, and watch the fishermen scratch their heads as to what the heck I was doing there! Caught all kinds of stuff trolling, too. Bonito, tuna, dorado, blue sharks, mako sharks.. I always had 2 lines out the minute I left the harbor. The best part? The ride in a sailboat out and back is free!

You're right, I feel exactly the same about being on the water. Never know what you will find out there.
Appreciate 0