Originally Posted by jts1981 View Post
Great thread. Love the pics and mods!

I like the gold calipers btw.

Nice work!
Thanks mate.
I don't know which color, yet. Such a difficult decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
Very cool stuff! Why not use aluminum brackets?
In Germany we need technical approvals from a technical authority for each non-serial-Change which is done at the car, and I would get no technical approval for any aluminum brackets, even if I'd choose 6061 T6.
If I would have no technical approval, the insurance wouldn't pay in case of an accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
Also, any plans for the rear? I believe the rear brake on the F10 M5 uses an electronic parking brake like ours. I wonder if it would retrofit? Only question would be whether you can get it to work with a smaller rotor, as the rear rotors on that car are 396 mm!
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4 View Post
The F10 M5 does use an electronic parking brake, as mentioned, and therefore does not have a "big brake" but rather uses small little calipers like our own, just painted to match. Even the multi-thousand ceramic option comes with less then desirable rears.

Initially we also planned a solution for the rear brakes, but we've not found any working solution Fitting with 19" wheels, yet. Even the M4 19" rims from my friend are too small for the M5 396 mm brakes:

This would be a very nice, good and cheap brake - but unfortunately only for 20"!

Smaller rotors will not fit to the Z4 in combination with the M5 calipers as there is no space for the caliper brackets. We will go on searching now for further solutions. One possible solution I have in mind, but I've found no parts for testing yet.
In the meantime we will install perforated-rotors in normal size (324 mm), so that there will be no difference in the design of the rotors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4 View Post
nuebbes - Those look like the M3/M5 brakes... been wondering recently if the F80/82 M3/4 ceramic brake calipers will be PnP for us. The base M3/4 uses the F30 M Performance brakes which has been shown multiple times on this thread to be PnP. This leads me to believe the F80 ceramic calipers (looks like the gold ones posted above) may be PnP, and without having to spend $8,000 just put in cast iron rotors instead of ceramic. Thoughts?
They won't be p&p. The base M4 brake has the 340x30mm-///M-Sport 4-piston-calipers w/o brackets and it has 380x30 mm rotors. That means that the svivel bearing is different from the normal F30.
In addition, the ceramic rotors from the M4 have 400 mm, while the cast iron rotors of the M5 only have 396 mm. So custom-adapter brackets are required.

What we did not tested is if the svivel bearings of the M4 fit to the Z4. In this case the oem adapter brackets could fit with standard M5 calipers. Yes, there is also a difference in the calipers (Standard vs. Ceramic).

The golden calipers on the pictures are ceramic calipers from the M5 with iron cast rotors and brake pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VailM3 View Post
This is brilliant...in for the side skirts. Also will you be doing that front lip too?
Thank you.
I am not doing the front lip. This is made by Lightweight Performance (a well known German BMW tuner).
I use for the side skirts the same material and I even buy the material from Lightweight so that it matches 100% to my side skirts.
But I have an idea regarding the front lip - pm me for further information.
Appreciate 0