05-24-2022, 12:40 PM   #12
GerryC
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i, BMW X5x40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreMech View Post
Well, as it turns out it's a good thing I don't need a replacement. Got down and removed the damaged piece, which was a two minute job. It's all there, just badly torn...
Anyway, the part # off the original is 51 75 7 207 941, which turns out to be unobtainium. None of the usual go-to BMW parts places returned a hit. Google image search turned up two places, both in Russia, so I think I'll pass. If I get really bored maybe I'll try to reconstruct it with two-part epoxy. I mean, hugely bored.
Interesting. Searching your PN above in realoem.com takes me to the page for the front spoiler with the PN I listed above with no cross-reference. Perhaps your PN is a supplier number (If BMW changed the PN, it usually shows in realoem with a reference 'superseded by xxxxx'.) Note that the first 2 digits and last 4 are the same. It's possible that BMW changed the parts breakdown structure between initial parts procurement and publishing the the final TIS.

The PN 51117207941 is available from a number of places for ~$110-$125.

Gerry