Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Coupe Sakhir Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go351 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhoag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go351 View Post
Thanks. I'm keen to install a front camera also. But not sure how to do it as the smart box only has one video in?

I thought about splitting the two camera outputs to the smart box but then that only work if the smart box has an option to turn on video feed when not in reverse?

Have you thought about a front camera?

Lastly, where did you route the camera cable to get to the rear number plate?
I've never considered a front camera. I'm not really sure how it would be done... Definitely beyond my level of expertise.

Regarding turning the smartbox video feed on... I have PDC and I can press the PDC button to turn the camera on or off regardless of which direction I'm moving. So, if you have PDC, that may solve that issue for you.

As far as running the cables... I ran through the armrest, through the ski pass through, into the trunk and through the battery compartment. Then I had to remove the big plastic rectangular piece of trim at the back of the trunk (with the little light in it). That is a bit of a hassle to remove because you also have to remove trim pieces on both sides of it to get it out. Once out, there was already a hole in the back metal that I was able to pass the cables through (but you could drill one if there wasn't one there). The only hole I had to drill was a small hole in the bumper immediately above the license plate. I taped the cables to a clothes hanger and was able to fish them through the plastic hole and the metal hole.

Hope that helps... have fun!
Thanks for the installation tips. I do have pdc so it. Might work with a 2 input video splitter.

Cheers
Hi
I have spent half the day installing the system. Can you please give me an idea where in the metal back is the hole to the license plate. I have removed all the trim as per your post. There's a number of small holes, but they seem to only go into an inner skin of the panel.

My next step is to remove the bumper but want to avoid it if I can.

Also. Does your messages in CarPlay work? When I click on a message header, it wants me to send a reply. I can't view the message.

Does your system video image blink now and then.

I can find any info for the dip switches. I suspect they set screen resolution and size, which may be my blinking issue...

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0