View Single Post
      08-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #68
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revision2 View Post
Sorry, maybe I should clarify a few things.

[rant]
By no means am I saying that he is being smart with his income nor did I intend my comment to encourage others to follow in his exact footsteps. I hope that any young person reading this really thinks hard about following the same path. However, given the fact that OP seems to have decided to go down this path already there is also nothing wrong about it either. He's young and it's better to get all of this stuff out of his system now rather than later. He has plenty of time left in his life to re-coup. Will it be tougher having dumped that money into a car at this age? Probably, but who's to say?

It's just the paradox of life. If he takes that money and invests it like what a "smart" person would do, sure he might be better off financially later but there is also a chance that he will never have a chance to own such a vehicle or even if he can he probably shouldn't. The way I see it, it's not that much different than those that spend time backpacking through Europe or travel the world after they graduate from university. Or those of us on this very forum who dump money into modifying our cars even though they are depreciating assets or on lease. They are deciding to trade a bit of the future to gain a life experience while they can and bodies are able because who knows what life brings and they may never get another chance.

At various points in everybody's life we have to decide if we want to risk some of the future to gain / experience something now and it will all come down to how much a particular person values that experience. It's the kid's money and life so it's his decision. We also shouldn't forget the fact the kid does have parents and they don't seem to have an issue with it so who are we to judge.

To each their own. Right or wrong is a lot like beauty at times, it's in the eye of the beholder.
[/rant]

HELL FUCKIN YEAH..........live your life to the fullest
Appreciate 0