Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by APDspider View Post
HI guys,

Ok, educate me because I know very little about these things.

I have a stock 2014 Z4 28i.

I read that the JB4 is easy to install. Can a novice really install it?

My car produces 254 horses stock. How much more power can I expect from the JB4?

I don't want to install anything else (mechanical like coolers, or intakes) because this is a lease. So, by installing this JB4, is it reversible? Can I remove this tuner and drive the car to the dealer for service with no concerns for warranty issues?

If I purchase a JB4, selling in the US for about $300... and install it myself, do I need to bring it to a Dyno Tune place?

I know some of these questions may seem elementary, but I know little about tuning more power from an engine.

Thanks guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by APDspider View Post
Should I choose a different product/tuner than the JB4? The Dinan website doesn't have anything for my car.
It's easy to install and should not leave any evidence of its prior presence when you remove it. It will add significant power even without any "bolt on" modifications like intakes or intercoolers.

Assuming you can install the JB4 yourself, you do not need to take the car to a shop unless you want to see empirical evidence (in the form of dyno data) that the JB4 is having an effect on the car.

I don't see any reason to go with anything other than a JB4.
Appreciate 0