11-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #9
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyBarley View Post
Constant.S, I forgot to mention that I just installed Dinan stage 1 last week and would like to work my way up to stage 3. Dinan was on sale this month. Unfortunately, the Zed will be undercover until spring. Then I plan to upgrade the intercooler and, hopefully, find an oil cooler. Only had the car a month. Can't wait!
Doesn't Dinan make an oil cooler specifically for the Z4 35i?

http://www.dinancars.com/products/Z-...dels-only.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant.S View Post
oh man, congrats im sure you're excited. It's gonna seem like a long winter.
To be honest, an additional oil cooler will only benefit you if you track the car (and track it hard). A bigger Intercooler, a proper LSD such as Quaife and better flow downpipes should be higher on your list in my opinion.
I tend to agree, though the oil does run very hot on even a stock N54. On my stock Z4, I regularly see oil temps of 260 degrees, whereas my tuned M3 rarely gets above 210. That's a 50 degree difference!

Dinan requires an oil cooler for the Stage 3 and, I believe, the Stage 2 tune as well, for what it's worth. (Maybe not much, since they have a vested financial interest in requiring one.)

But as I said, I agree that, other than a tune, the big money items for putting power down would be FMIC, downpipes, and an LSD.

If the Z4 wasn't my wife's DD, I'd be all over this stuff. Hell, if money frees up, I might just do it anyway!
Appreciate 0